I have recently created a new Garmin Connect account but whatever I did I could not get the Garmin Ant agent to upload data to the new account, it remained locked to the old account. Even if I uninstalled and reinstalled it, it did not break the link. Looking around the forums a few people have had the same problem and haven’t been able to figure it out. Here’s the solution:
- Shutdown Garmin Ant agent by right clicking on it and clicking exit
- Uninstall the Garmin Ant agent from your PC by going to Control Panel – Programs – Uninstall Programs, select Garmin Ant Agent and hit uninstall
- Go to ‘C:\Users\your user account name\AppData\Roaming\GARMIN\’ and delete the folder called ‘Garmin’
- Restart your PC
- Reinstall the Garmin Ant agent
- Now start the Ant agent, insert the USB dongle and re-establish the link with your watch (if you don’t remember how to do this look at your manual)
- Once the Ant agent links to your watch it will ask you fro the username and password for your Garmin Connect Account. Put your new account details in.
That’s it, should all work fine now with the Ant agent linked to your new account. All you will have to do now is copy your data from your old Connect account to your new one.